This fireplace surround was covered with years of white paint. Most surrounds I have restored have been cast iron. I was cleaning this one up getting ready to paint it black, when I noticed what I thought was a bronze hue on the surface. It took forever to get all the paint off, but I am pleasantly surprised by the results.
Foundation and floor framing is complete and has passed inspection. Floor have been insulated and inspected. Damaged siding has all been replaced. Siding has been primed and painted. Blue is final field color. Trim will be white. Accent has not yet been determined. We will spend next few weeks recreating portico and eyebrow dormer and putting a new roof on the house. Windows will arrive in a couple of weeks.